How do I claim my course for continuing education credits/hours (CE's or CEU's)?

Claiming continuing education credits/hours

To claim your course for continuing education credits, it's important to note that there are different courses that are, and are not, accepted through your state board and licensing department(s). 

We encourage you to find out if CPR, BLS, ACLS, PALS, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, or other health and safety courses are accepted as continuing education credits for your occupation by checking with your state board and licensing department(s). 

Once you have that information, you can take the steps you need to move forward to claim these credits and turn in your required course certifications to meet your licensing guidelines. 

ProTrainings offers different ways to collect those CE's. 

  1. Print your ProTrainings CEU Statement or wallet certification from your Training Dashboard by clicking on the Print or Download button. They both will state your course with the 'X' number of hours of content that the course allows. You'll also see the curriculum listed that was taught as part of that course. 
  2. Medical professionals aligned with national accrediting agencies such as; ACCME, ANCC, ACPE, and ADA CERP can claim CEs by following these steps.
  3. EMS Professionals (EMT, Paramedic, or other Emergency Responders) can claim their BLS course credits to CAPCE if the course contains a hands-on practical demonstration. Just fill out and submit this form for your CEs and we'll submit those for you. (must be done within 90 of the certification date)
  4. Dental professionals (Dentist, Dental Assistant, Dental Tech, or Dental Hygienist) can claim AGD PACE credits by completing a healthcare-level hands-on course and get CE's. If you submit your information here we'll take care of submitting those for you.
Note: that even if your CE's are submitted properly, and accepted by the national agencies above, they could be accepted for fewer hours than your statement shows, or even rejected by your state department. For these few instances, this does not mean that submitting the CE's isn't worthwhile. The credits you submit are still connected to the accrediting agency and in your records for your professional education, development, and training records. You can always check with the specific continuing education department or your state for more information.

ProTrainings courses and corresponding continuing education credits/hours

Our statement reads as "1 CEU per credit hour", but your licensing department may not use that same formula for credit hours allowed. As a general rule, if your board will accept CPR as a CEU you can use them. The below ProTrainings courses and their recorded contact hours are below:

Healthcare Provider level certifications

General Workplace level certifications

ProACLS Initial Certification: 8 credits ProFirstAid: 6 credits
ProACLS Recertification: 4 credits ProFirstAid Basic: 4 credits
ProPALS Initial Certification: 8 credits ProCPR Basic: 2 credits
ProPALS Recertification: 4 credits  Community CPR: 3 credits
ProFirstAid Advanced: 8 credits Pro First-Aid ONLY: 3 credits
ProCPR: 4 credits ProBloodborne: 2 credits
Bloodborne for the Workplace: 1 credit
Bloodborne for Body Art: 3 credits
California Compliant Bloodborne for Body Art: 2 credits 
Healthcare Ergonomics: 1 credit
Office Ergonomics: 1 credit
Workplace Ergonomics: 1 credit
ProHIPAA: 1 credit
ProHazcom: 1 credit
Workplace Fire Safety: 1 credit
Sexual Harassment: 1 credit
ProPetHero: 2 credits 

Need more help?  We are happy to assist you further by connecting you with our Compliance professionals. They're always eager to help with searching your state rules or answering any other questions at 855-462-4212.  Need additional help accessing your CEU Statement or wallet certification contact our Customer Support team for further assistance. 

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us