ProTrainings Zoom Remote Course Scheduler
ProTrainings Remote Course Scheduler allows you to connect Zoom with your ProTrainings instructor account to automatically schedule remote ProTrainings courses directly in Zoom. This ensures your meeting link is saved correctly in the ProTrainings system and distributed to your students. It also automatically configures several settings for a better class experience, including:
- Private chat between students is disabled to deter cheating. Students can still chat publicly with one another and privately with the instructor.
- Breakout rooms are enabled to allow instructors to give private feedback to a student or to run practice sessions if there are additional instructors or assessors running the course.
- Annotation is enabled to allow the instructor to draw on the screen during the class to call attention to areas of their presentation.
- Non-verbal feedback is enabled to allow students to indicate whether they understand, have questions, etc.
- Group HD video is enabled for higher resolution, especially for demonstrations and hands-on skills.
- Join before host is disabled so students must wait for the instructor to begin the class.
- Host video and participant video are both enabled.
- The meeting will be password protected to prevent unauthorized people from joining the class.
- Approved ProTrainings.com or ProTrainings.uk instructor account
- Zoom Account user with Admin role permissions
Installation & Using the Zoom App
- Log in to your ProTrainings instructor account.
- Create a New Class.
- Choose the course you will be teaching from the dropdown list.
- If the course is allowed to be taught remotely, you will see a new option under the Location of Classroom section to indicate that it is a remote class. After checking this box, check the box to Auto-create Zoom Meeting.
- If this is your first time using the Zoom integration with your account, you will be prompted to allow access. After you have done this, future remote classes will automatically be created in Zoom when this box is checked.
Uninstalling the Zoom App
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom Marketplace.
- Search for ProTrainings and click the app or navigate to your authorized apps via Manage Apps and choose ProTrainings Remote Course Scheduler.
- Choose the Manage tab and click Uninstall.
- Confirm the dialogue and click OK.