BBP Classroom Courses
Teaching a BBP course in a "classroom" setting?
As an instructor, there are certain steps you will need to follow if you are teaching a Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) course in a "classroom" setting.
Follow the steps below-
In a ''classroom" setting instructors should:
- Create the course in the instructor dashboard and then add the students to the class.
- Play all the video training segments of one of the four BBP courses ( ProBloodborne, Bloodborne for the Workplace, Bloodborne for Body Art, California Compliant Bloodborne for Body Art).
- After the students watch the videos, take the time to answer any questions they may have. Then add a few hands-on activities (see examples below) before providing the written test.
- Cleaning up a dry contaminant
- Cleaning up a wet spill and how to take care of the rags, etc.
- How to properly clean up the tattooing station (how to dispose of ink containers already used etc.)
- How to properly handwash, including how to put on gloves as well as remove them
- Reviewing workplace requirements and reporting guidelines
- Provide the written test for the course. (Students must have 80% or more correct to pass)
- Mark the students completed- issuing their course certifications.
Note: Following these short steps will ensure you satisfy the requirements of a BBP Classroom Certification course.