Claiming CEs through CAPCE
CAPCE Accredited Continuing Education Credits are available for Emergency Medical Professionals, Technicians, Paramedics, and other emergency responders.
As an accredited organization, ProTrainings offers EMS professionals continuing education credits through the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE) for a number of our 100% Online, blended, and traditional classroom courses. When choosing CPR and Advanced Life Support courses, make sure you follow your state training requirements as well.
Follow these steps to starting your CE Claim process:
- Step 1: Choose your course from our course library
- Step 2: Click on "Get Started" or "View Course", then "Begin Training".
If the course you chose is accepted for CE Credit(s), you'll see the CE option to "Start Training for CE Credits". If this does not show, then CEs are not available for that course and just start your training. (There is a list of available courses at the bottom of this page.)
- Step 3: Click on "Start Training for CE Credits"
When you click on "Start Training for CE Credits" it will direct you to an area where you have the option to Select a CE Organization.
- Step 4: In this case, you'll choose the box showing the CAPCE logo.
- Step 5: Fill out the form. We will submit your credit hours after you complete your course and the requirements are met. (If your course requires a hands-on portion as well, make sure to complete that training within 60 days so we are able to claim your credits for you. Credits must be claimed within 90 days of your course start date).
If you missed the opportunity to complete this form follow these steps:
(Make sure you submit before 90 days of the date of your course).
- Click this link to submit your CAPCE information here.
- Completely fill out the CE Submittal form (partial form shown below). This form is a bit longer than the one above because we will need your address and other information that we would normally get from your user account.
That's It! We'll take it from here.
If we have any problems with the information submitted not being accepted, we will call or email you. Please get back to us right away with any questions we might have. We only have 90 days from the start of your course to submit to CAPCE for these credits.
Note: Even if your CEs are submitted properly, and accepted by the national agency above, they could be accepted for fewer hours than your statement shows, or even rejected by your state department. For these few instances, this does not mean that submitting the CEs isn't worthwhile. The credits you submit are still connected to the accrediting agency and in your records for your professional education, development, and training records.
ProTrainings courses and corresponding continuing education credits/hours
Our statement reads as "1 CEU per credit hour", but your licensing department may not use that same formula for credit hours allowed. The ProTrainings courses and their recorded contact hours are listed below:
Healthcare Provider level certifications
General Workplace level certifications
|ProACLS Initial Certification: 8 credits|| Self Defense: 1 credit
|ProACLS Recertification: 4 credits|| Coronavirus COVID-19: 1 credit
|ProPALS Initial Certification: 8 credits||ProAnaphylaxis: 1 credit|
|ProPALS Recertification: 4 credits|| Office Ergonomics: 1 credit
|ProFirstAid Advanced (BLS + First Aid) : 4 credits||Workplace Ergonomics: 1 credit|
|ProCPR (BLS): 4 credits|| ProHIPAA for Leaders: 1 credit
|ProBloodborne: 2 credits|| ProPetHero: 1 credit
|Healthcare Ergonomics: 1 credit||Sexual Harassment: .5 (1/2 credit)|
Need more help? We are happy to assist you further by connecting you with our Compliance professionals. They're always eager to help with searching your state rules or answering any other questions at 855-462-4212. Need additional help accessing your CEU Statement or wallet certification contact our Customer Support team for further assistance.